The roofing laborer position is an entry level position into the roofing industry. We are interested in candidates that want to travel out of town (hotel and per-diem provided).
Must be able to meet at designated job site!
Job Category: General Labor
Pay Rate: $11 Hourly
Job ID: 312
Posted Date: 6/07/2019
Job Type: Full Time
- Helping set up project sites including equipment and scaffolding.
- Helping to protect project site including setting up safety related equipment.
- Assist in the removal and disposal of debris created from removing existing roofing systems.
- Assist in the clean-up and maintenance of project sites in neat and clean order.
- Observing how projects work and continuing to learn and build their personal skills.
- Learn how to work safe on projects sites.
- Moving materials on project sites. This may include moving materials into position for installation.
- Skills Required
- Ability to use a tape measure.
- Ability to use simple hand tools including hammer, utility knife and chalk line.
- Ability to use a broom and other cleaning tools effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Communications include listening, speaking and written.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects.
- There are no qualifications required to pursue a job as a roofing laborer. To be successful as a roofing laborer a candidate should be committed to learning and growing beyond the position. There are significant opportunities for individuals to move beyond a roofing laborer into leadership positions within the roofing trade.
WorkNow! is always taking applications for internal office positions in our Knoxville and/or Morristown office!
We are looking for someone who can do the following:
- Answering telephones and greeting customers in a courteous and friendly manner,
- Forwarding calls, emails, mail & detailed messages to the appropriate party in a timely manner,
- Assisting applicants with filling out applications and completing initial paperwork,
- Processing e-Verify,
- Conducting drug tests,
- Performing background checks,
- Pre-test & pre-screen applicants to help ensure clients get employees who are ready to work,
- Copying required documents,
- Preparing new associate files,
- Scheduling interviews with the recruiter (HR or Mr. Rangel if the recruiter is not present and there is a current job order to be filled.),
- Inputting basic employee data into Avionte to create an electronic employee file,
- Contacting applications for open job orders to come in for interviews, testing or job assignments,
- Maintain office inventory and submit front office supply order requests to HR, and
- Ensure front office area remains a professional, neat and tidy workspace at all times.